Each year, we work to prepare new resources from Striving Together for release at Spiritual Leadership Conference, and I’m very excited about the brand new resources that are releasing this summer.
These books, minibooks, and curriculum (including the first quarter in a brand new children’s series) answer needs many have asked us to publish towards. One of the highlights this year for me is the teen curriculum my sons, Matthew and Larry Chappell, first wrote for the youth groups they lead and are now publishing.
Below is a brief description of each resource with a link for more information and availability to purchase from Striving Together. We’re praying that the Lord will use each of these to encourage spiritual growth and equip saints for the work of the ministry.
- Out of Commission—Whether you are new to evangelism or an experienced soulwinner, I believe this book will challenge and equip you to share your faith and reach your community for Christ. (I’ve written an earlier blog post about it as well as offering a free sample chapter here.)
- Stand—We all face spiritual warfare on a daily basis, but we are tempted sometimes to ignore the battle, pretending it doesn’t exist. This book by Dr. John Goetsch will challenge you to stand and fight—for your marriage, your children, and your own walk with God.
- Real Christianity—In this compelling book, Cary Schmidt unpacks what real Christianity is all about. Through these pages, learn how you can embrace the grace, endure the struggle, and enjoy the relationship of truly knowing Jesus.
- I’m Not Okay—Birthed out of a message I preached to the men in our church, this minibook challenges our assumptions by identifying the root of pride and offering biblical principles for walking in humility.
- With All Due Respect—By nature, we are born rebels. Even the most soft spoken among us know how to push back, how to quietly rebel. In this minibook, directed toward Christian teenagers, Larry Chappell explores what God has to say about authority and challenges young people to respond to these relationships His way.
- Practice His Presence 2014-15 Student Planner—Featuring month-at-a-glance and week-at-a-glance pages with encouraging Scriptures and motivating quotes, this student planner will help junior high and high school students mange their assignments and schedules. Used in Christian schools across America and as gifts for youth group attendees, this resource makes a great gift from teachers and youth leaders.
- Faith and Finances—In this minibook, Tim Rosen encourages Christians to discover how they can trust and follow God’s Word to teach, instruct, correct, comfort, and guide in the vital, and very personal, area of finances.
- Should a Christian Drink Alcohol?—A new part of our Contemporary Issues series, this booklet presents biblically-reasoned arguments to encourage and strengthen convictions regarding abstinence from alcohol.
- How Like-Minded Men Can Avoid Unnecessary Divisions—One of the great needs among like-minded independent Baptist leaders today is to remain strong in principle and gracious in love. This booklet by Dr. R.B. Ouellette and Dr. David Sorenson explores what God’s Word teaches regarding how and when to extend grace in areas where we differ from one another.
- Stewarding Life curriculum—A follow-up to the Stewarding Life book, this adult Bible curriculum teaches how to steward our God-given resources and how to effectively manage life for God’s glory.
- Dreamer curriculum—This brand-new ten-week study written just for teens by Matt Chappell and Larry Chappell will encourage young people to stand for Christ and become the leaders He has called the to be.
- Just Friends curriculum—First published as a book, this series by Mike Ray and Cary Schmidt encourages godly friendships and personal purity. It is designed for a senior high teen class.
- Stories of Grace, Volume 1 children’s curriculum—We’re thrilled to being this brand new children’s curriculum series! This first set of 13 lessons covers the lives of prominent Old Testament Bible characters, and it has supplementary flashcards and a ministry resource download.