1. In war there are no blacks and whites, young and old—only soldiers. Let us fight for Him.
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.—2 Timothy 2:3–4
2. In the Christian life we all have one Master. Let us follow Him.
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.—Luke 9:23
3. In ministry we have one mission—to win and disciple others. Let us reach them together.
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;—Philippians 1:27
4. In life we are all imperfect and in need of the grace of God and others. Let us give it to one another.
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.—Colossians 3:13–14
5. In the pulpit there is no millennial truth or boomer truth, only God’s truth. Let us preach it.
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.—2 Timothy 4:2