Every morning brings fresh opportunities—and fresh challenges. Sometimes the challenges seem to outweigh the opportunities. Sometimes it’s difficult to see the opportunities embedded in the challenges. Sometimes—with or without challenges or opportunities—it’s just a rough day.
Thankfully, every morning also brings the faithful promises of God—each one just as fresh today as when God first gave it.
When we forget God’s promises, we flounder through our day relying on human strength and faulty perception. But when we remember and believe them, we find provision for our needs and strength for our labor.
Notice just twelve of these promises for our needs and work:
- God’s presence: “I will never leave thee” (Hebrews 13:5).
- God’s protection: “I am thy shield” (Genesis 15:1).
- God’s power: “I will strengthen thee” (Isaiah 41:10).
- God’s provision: “I will help thee” (Isaiah 41:10).
- God’s leading: “And when He putteth forth His own sheep, He goeth before them” (John 10:4) .
- God’s purposes: “I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil” (Jeremiah 20:11).
- God’s rest: “Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
- God’s cleansing: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
- God’s goodness: “No good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11).
- God’s faithfulness: “The Lord will not forsake His people for His great name’s sake” (1 Samuel 12:22).
- God’s guidance: “The meek will He guide” (Psalm 25:9).
- God’s wise plan: “All things work together for good to them that love God” (Romans 8:28).
God’s presence, protection, leading, rest, guidance…and more! Sounds like a good day to me!
Get posts delivered to your inbox.
Subscribe today and receive a FREE minibook download: Striving Together for the Cause of Christ.