This is one of my favorite leadership lessons. I love the local church! And I love to watch it grow in ways that honor Christ.
Some have twisted God’s design for church growth into a methodology of pleasing the unregenerate seeker or a formula of self-gratifying worship.
But the book of Acts reveals the heart of God for the church—Christ-honoring, Spirit-prompted growth! Growth that pleases Christ is focused on Him and is carried out with a pure heart of leading souls to Christ and diligently discipling them in their walk with the Lord.
The philosophy of church growth presented in this lesson is both Christ-honoring and practical. I trust it will be a blessing and a help to you.
Before and after the lesson, I answer the following in-studio questions:
- Is there such a thing as unbiblical church growth?
- When it comes to church growth, what is man’s role, and what is God’s role?
- What do you feel are the key principles at work in the growth of Lancaster Baptist Church?
- What do you do when the church isn’t growing?
- How do you measure growth? What are you looking for?
The Spiritual Leadership podcast is a free resource from Striving Together Publications (a ministry of Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College).
You can subscribe to this podcast through iTunes and listen on your computer or iPod. You can also receive the complimentary outline with each lesson. Click here for more information about subscribing to the outline.