As local church leaders, it is imperative that we keep God—not numeric growth—as our primary goal.
When it comes to the local church, Jesus is the Builder; the church is His habitation; and we are His co-laborers, called to labor in winning souls and building lives.
We’re instructed, though, “But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon” (1 Corinthians 3:10). At Spiritual Leadership Conference 2015, I taught a general session from this verse on building lives in the local church. You can watch the session below as well as download the session notes.
(If you cannot see this video in your RSS reader or email, you can watch it here.)
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Three indispensible tools for building lives in the local church
- Why spiritual motivations matter in our building and six biblical motives
- Three unscriptural motivations that sabotage the work of the Lord
- A detailed process for soulwinning and assimilation
- The necessity of biblical preaching for building lives
- Five needs an adult Bible class meets
- The Sunday methods we’ve found helpful at Lancaster Baptist Church
- The church ministry responsibilities of deacons
- How the staff support the soulwinning, assimilation, Sunday school, and training areas of church ministry