God works through partnerships in ministry. The local church is a body, and God intends for it to function in unity. Those who serve in the local church must walk together in the Spirit to accomplish the work of God—serving the Lord, reaching the community, and training the next generation.
Ministry relationships are vital to the success of a local church. If there are no relationships, there can be no growth. This is perhaps why Satan focuses on dividing and destroying relationships in a church and among staff members. Even through the transitions created by church growth, Satan slyly attempts division and discord.
The May Spiritual Leadership podcast focuses on the divine engine of partnerships—doing things separately but together. This podcast was originally presented to our church staff during our annual staff orientation retreat, and it primarily focuses on the partnerships church staff members should consistently create and strengthen that will further the purpose of the local church.
In this podcast, we discus seven aspects of ministry partnerships as seen in Acts 13:1–3:
- The Pattern of Partnerships—we are laborers together with God.
- The Purpose of Partnership—to exalt Christ and reach people
- The Purity of Partnerships—keeping partnerships holy and focused on the common goal
- The Progression of Partnership—practical helps on leadership structure and oversight
- The Process of Effective Partnership—clear training strategies and shared philosophy and values
- The Preemption of Partnerships—keeping a heart for making ministry relationships a priority
- The Propagation of Partnerships—increasing purpose and productivity
The Spiritual Leadership podcast is a free resource from Striving Together Publications (a ministry of Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College).
You can subscribe to this podcast through iTunes and listen on your computer or iPod. You can also receive the complimentary outline with each lesson. Click here for more information about subscribing to the outline.