We had the great privilege of hosting the West Coast Baptist Youth Conference here in Lancaster last week. Our theme “Not Ashamed” was taken from Romans 1:16 and was greatly used in the hearts of the teenagers who came from all over America.
We truly need a generation of teens who will stand up for Christ. It seems that teens without Christ are not ashamed of their rock-n-roll music, body piercings, or tattoos. We need teens who will not be ashamed of Christ, the Word of God, the Gospel, and the local church.
I thank God for the hundreds of teens who made decisions—including the more than forty who received Christ as Saviour—at this conference.
I shared the following message with the teenagers in the last general session. I share it with you so that each of us will be challenged to take a stand for the Lord Jesus Christ.
I. I Am Not Ashamed of the Faith of Christ
A. The statement of our faith 2 Timothy 1:12-14
B. The sacrifice for our faith
1. The sacrifice of Jesus Isaiah 53:4-7
2. The sacrifice of Paul Philippians 1:20
3. The sacrifice of John
4. The sacrifice of early martyrs
5. The sacrifice of recent martyrs
II. I Am Not Ashamed of the Family of Christ
A. The people of the church
1. Your saved family 2 Timothy 1:5
2. Your saved friend 1 Peter 4:16-17; Titus 2:6-8
B. The pastor of the church
III. I Am Not Ashamed of the Future with Christ
A. A future of devotion 1 Peter 1:14-16
1. Devotion to Christ Philippians 3:10
2. Devotion to Christian service
B. A future of dedication
1. To study the Word 2 Timothy 2:15-18
2. To share the Word 2 Timothy 2:2